Updated May 23rd 2018 for GDPR
Oxford Rapid Prototyping is a trading name of Oxford Product Design Limited. Company Number 08367000.
Oxford Product Design Limited (“we”, ‘”us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Any information that we hold about you will be only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Data Controller is Oxford Product Design Limited.
Who collects the information?
Oxford Product Design (OPD) is a product design consultancy based in Oxford, UK. In order to undertake our business operations we gather and use certain information about you. Our contact details are given at the bottom of this notice.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information including your name and title, gender, contact address, telephone number(s), email address, job role, profession, your employer and/or organisation that you are affiliated with.
- Information that you provide by filling in an online form on our site oxfordproductdesign.com or www.oxfordrapidprototyping.com (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Occasionally we may obtain your information from publicly available sources such as third parties who hold such information and are permitted to share it with us.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to make improvements to our website. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We do not collect cookies from your website.
Why we collect the information
We collect information so that we can:
- Enter into and perform a contract between your organisation and Oxford Product Design
- Maintain our business contacts database to support good relationship practice
- Comply with legal obligations (for example HMRC)
Keeping your personal data secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
Access to your personal information is limited to those with a genuine business need to access it. Any individual processing your information will only do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with our legal obligations (for example with regard to regulatory authorities).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We will not normally share your information with third parties without your consent, except in the performance of the contract to provide our services to you (for example with relevant regulatory bodies or with HMRC), or where we are required to do so by law.
We may share your information in the following circumstances. In these instances the recipient of this information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Oxford Product Design or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How long will we keep the information?
We keep your information during and after your relationship with Oxford Product Design for no longer that we consider is necessary for the purposes in which the personal information is processed, or in line with regulatory guidelines.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
Please contact our Data Protection Coordinator (DPC) by email at info(at)opd.uk.com or by telephoning 01865 582080 if you wish to correct or request access to the information that we hold about you, or if you have any questions regarding this notice.
You have the right to request that Oxford Product Design for some but not all of the information that we hold and process to be erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances. If you require further information about the ‘right to be forgotten’ please contact our Data Protection Coordinator.
How to complain
If you have any queries or concerns about Oxford Product Design’s use of your information please contact the Data Protection Coordinator at dpc(at)opd.uk.com. If you require further information about your rights or wish to make a formal complaint, please contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.
Oxford Product Design Contact Details
Oxford Product Design
16C Worcester Place
Telephone: 01865 582080
Dated May 23rd 2018